Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wow, will this thing need editing!

Ok, so after a fairy promising first weekend 'm just barely managed to creep past 6k. The 'official' target today (going by the 50k/30 - 1667wpd) says I should hit 6668 today. I'm hoping to hit at least 8 before I conk out for the night. Wish me luck.

So, I've begun to notice a trend...this book is SO disjointed! I'm getting the (more or less) globby impressions of what I want done, but when I think on them all later, there's a lot of 'I should have put X before Y' kind of thinking. Once I'm finished,I'll have to read it all through & map things out on little cards or something, lol. There's supposed to be suspense to it & I'm just stepping all over it. Still, I'm not going back and fixing it, no matter how much of a trainwrecked mess it's coming out. One word in front of the other, just gotta remember that. Rewrites can wait. Rewrites kill your story before it has a chance to suck in fresh oxygen. I just need to keep going, no matter what comes spewing across the page. There's nothing so horrible it can' be edited later, but first, you need to have a finished book to edit.

And, with that in mind, I'm off to write. There are two 5 hour write ins tomorrow. I dunno that I'll be able to do both(anyone that says writing isn't physically taxing hasn't written enough!)m but I'll go through at least one. I'll post again once I have the night's final count.

0 comments: