Sunday, November 30, 2008

Purple is the New Black

Ok...I'll have a bit more detailed breakdown of things once my head stops spinning, but....

I WON!

It was spectacular seeing that progress bar go from blue to green(50k+, unverified) to winning purple. Oh wow...I don't even have words for it, lol. I will, but tomorrow once I'm a little more sane again. I still have a couple thousand(at a guess) left to actually finish the story, but that's ok. I made it to fifty thousand words & beyond with a full story I actually like. Don't get me wrong, lol, there will be much editing thrown around in a couple months, but for now, I'm just enjoying the rush of beating something I thought may well be insurmountable.

To anyone reading out there who are still plugging along, DON'T GIVE UP! 50 is attainable! And for all of you that have reached, or even passed that magic mark, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope whichever camp you fall into, that you'll be back next November to go again. I know I will.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Congratulations!

I've been at 50k since Wednesday. I haven't officially uploaded yet because I'm still writing and want to break my personal best for November of 57k.

I think I can...

NJ Carroll said...

I just have two words:

BIGGLY WOOT!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Meg: said...

Yay!!

Seth and Libby, Detectives said...

Great job! You pulled it out with time to spare. Terribly, horribly jealous.