Monday, November 24, 2008

WOOHOO! 30k! Onto the summit!!

Just a quick note to say hey, 'Hey!' & let you know I just passed 30k a bit ago. Woohoo! I know that means I still have 20k left, which sounds undoable in the less than a week remaining, but, if you don't say 'I have to write a whole 'nother twenty thousand words!?!' & instead go 'huh, that's like 4 k a day, I'm averaging 7-800 per half hour sprint...yeah, that's not so bad. Couple sprints in the morning, one or two in the afternoon, a couple more to finish the day & I can knock that out, easy!'.

In other news, there's a few things I've noticed as this wears on: one, fights (as in arguments. Physical confrontations, in my experience, have an opposite effect) go by really, really fast! And two, the more I write on this, the longer each chapter gets, lol. When i started & broke the coterie into pairs, each revisiting of a pair was a chapter &, just as it worked out, each chapter was only a couple pages long. Now though, the scenes feel like they're just stretching farther & farther. I'm not complaining about the phenomena, lol, just noticing.

Ok, it's back to my saltmin-...eh....Novel.

0 comments: