Friday, October 28, 2011

Bad, Bad Blogger

Yes, I know. I'm a lousy blogger. But, take heart, True Believers, because I think I may have found a solution. Apart from the fact that NaNo season is once again upon us (and as usual, I have no clue what I'm writing, I have faith though. The words will come!), don't think that my skills have been mouldering away in the back of my brain. In fact, I've been trying something new & wholly unexplored by me until recently; nonfiction. Always before I'd stood safely behind my spacemen, my magic princesses, my rapscallions & superheroes tossing out whatever crossed my mind, but not recently. For the last few weeks I've been writing as & about myself, and though it's sometimes been incredibly difficult, I'm really liking it. It's like diving into the deep waters of Lake Catharsis & not caring in the slightest how far I drift from shore.

Always before I liked the idea of journaling, but when pressed to do it, my enthusiasm waned because, I felt, I had nothing to say. Since taking this new literary path I've discovered I was wrong. It's not that I have nothing to say, rather the reverse, it's that my brain is just so entrenched in my default responses; not being honest (I don't out & out lie, not really, I'm just not very forthcoming), hiding in the comfortable safety of all my imaginary people & camping firmly behind all my nice, thick was I'd spent soooo much time & effort building up around myself. But with some of the things I've written lately, I'm feeling a little braver. Maybe I'm not quite out of my tall tower quite yet, I'm working on it. So, if anybody's still out there, keep reading.

If you're interested, I've recently finish 'Son of Neptune' a Heroes of Olympus book & am currently splitting my time between 'The Elegant Universe' & 'Torchwood: Something in the Water'.

0 comments: